LUSH HAUL - OXFORD STREET


Howdy partner!

The past few weeks have been particularly hectic for me, what with exams and the end of my college education. Needless to say I've been wanting a nice relaxing bath. So when I found myself in London for a university open day, of course I had to pop into the Oxford Street Lush!

The store itself was incredible, I would definitely suggest popping into the store if you're in London because it's really special. The employees were really helpful and friendly, which really made a difference for me; I was feeling a bit overwhelmed at first if I'm honest, haha..  Everything in Lush is so vibrant, and there are so many strong smells that it can definitely be a bit full-on. Not to mention that as with most of the stores on Oxford Street, Lush was pretty crowded. If you're someone who suffers in crowds then I'd suggest going when it's not quite as busy, and if you're looking for specific items or would just like to know the basic layout before going, you can view the store online: LUSH Oxford Street.

While I was there I picked up a few products, among them a couple of Oxford Street exclusives which I'm very excited to try out! Other than a couple exceptions I haven't tried these products yet so I won't be writing full reviews below, just my general first impressions. However, if it's something you guys would be interested in, I'd love to review a couple of the items at a later date.

So without further ado, let me present what I bought:

Ylang Song (Bath Bomb)

“This Tunisian neroli and Peruvian rosewood bomb erupts into a sensual world of tumbling peony and everlasting flower petals. A perfect behaved companion to take into the bath with you.”

I think this is the product I am the most excited about. I'd done a little research into the exclusive products that Lush were bringing out, and I was so excited to get this one. It's among the most beautiful Lush products I've ever owned, and if you think I'm not going to take a million pictures of it for Instagram, you're wrong.

Not only does it look and smell amazing, but it's full of flowers. I got to see it in action in store and had to get one; when you pop it in your bath it fills your bath tub with beautiful flowers. And I don't know about you, but I am all for a flower-filled bath.

I'd say this is a little more mature than most of the other Lush bath bombs I normally go for. The scent is definitely floral, but in my opinion, it's a pretty dark, almost heady. I really love it.


Pink Flamingo (Reusable Bubble Bar)

“Birds of a feather bathe together! Slip into something more fruity with this cocktail-inspired reusable bubble bath, filled with fragrant rosewood and ylang ylang. Let the bubbly flow.”

Can we please take a moment?
...
It's a flamingo. This bubble bar is a flamingo. I'm really sorry if you were hoping for some kind of eloquent response to that flamingo, because you've really come to the wrong place. Because as I've stated it's a flamingo. A fluorescent pink flamingo at that. I mean, honestly, what more could you ask for?

This is perhaps the epitome of fun bath time. Never did I imagine a day would come when I swirled a pink flamingo around my bath. But that day is here. And I think it should be celebrated. In fact, this day shall henceforth be referred to as Pink Flamingo Day.

Okay, all jokes aside, I am beyond excited for this. The reusable bubble bars that come on a stick are by far my favourites, they are just so user friendly. In fact, the Magic Wand reusable bubble bar is among my top five Lush products despite being a Christmas exclusive. I mean, what's not to love?Swirl in in the water and hey presto: Bubbles! I don't know about you, but to me that's preferable to having to crumble things under water. I shouldn't be trusted with anything crumbly, let alone vibrant bubble bars in a mostly white bathroom.

Unfortunately, like Ylang Song this is an Oxford Street exclusive. But if you do visit the store, I'd definitely recommend this one! The scent is like a slightly darker version of Snow Fairy. Although it's inspired by cocktails it reminds me more of gum balls..

Also, apologies for having repeated the word flamingo about 100+ times.. But it is Pink Flamingo Day after all!


Salted Coconut (Hand Scrub)

“This creamy coconut and sea salt scrub is the perfect way to keep your hands in tiptop condition.”

This is the first product I picked up. However this one isn't for me, it's for my mum. The scent is pretty strong, and in fact it's a little too strong for my liking. I mean I like coconut as much as the next person, but this scent is pretty musky too.

I believe there's also a perfume/body spray in this scent as the lovely lady who was serving us asked her colleague to find it so that my mum could try it and smell like it all day. Plus, I've heard a lot of people compare the scent to the Furze perfume by Lush.

It comes in either a large pot or a small one like the one in the picture. I'd personally recommend the smaller pots to begin with because there really is a lot of product and you really don't need much at all. And Lush actually have a great recycling policy; returning five clean pots will earn you a free "fresh mask".



May Day (Bath Bomb)

“Drop into your bathwater and watch it fizz away”


One of the things I love most about Lush is the work they do for animal rights. All of their products are suitable for vegetarians, which ins't very common.

One of their more recent projects was with the Save Me trust, in the hopes of stopping the badger cull. You can find more information about it here if you're interested, but in short many badgers are killed every year to decrease their population.

Animal rights isn't really something I've addressed on here, but it's very close to my heart and I'll often, if not always, jump at any chance to donate and help. This particular product was only sold until the end of May (although I did get mine last Wednesday, so it may still be in stock), but I'm sure Lush will be doing more projects for similar charities in the future.

The scent that they chose for May Day is really comforting to me. I believe it has fennel in it, possibly with honey, or something other sweet-scent. Plus the badger face is so adorable, I'm going to be so sad to see it dissolve. I'm sure my skin will appreciate it though!



Soft Coeur (Massage Bar)

“Smooth this sweet-smelling massage bar over the body for deliciously-scented and soft skin.”


Now this is one of my must have Lush products. They describe the scent as deliciously-scented and they are not wrong. If it was socially acceptable I would probably marry this massage bar. Pretty fitting actually, considering it's also called the Honeymooner.

The massage bars are generally are super moisturising, and they melt to the touch. But the smell of this one is just so good. It smells like chocolate and butter, and honestly every time I use it I have to stop myself from gnawing off my own arm it smells so good.

 The only possible downfall is the chocolate centre, which can sometimes leaves brown streaks on your skin. This normally happens towards the end of it's use, and the more product you've used, the more the chocolate will rub off on your skin too. When it get's to that point I like to break it into pieces for baths as it'll still moisturise your skin.



Other

The final things I picked up in Lush were these Fighting Animal Testing patches, as well as one of their vintage scarves.

The patches were pretty cheap, at only £1.50 each. They do some others too, such as 'Be Happy' etc..

These are iron-on, thank god, so there isn't the hassle of trying to sow them onto clothes. I'm actually not entirely sure what I'm going to put mine on, so if you do have any ideas, let me know in the comments !






As always, have a great day ♥
Over & Out, T xx
PS: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE LUSH PRODUCTS?

4 comments :

  1. I have a weird love for flamingos, and every fiber of my being needs this bubble bar! It is so adorable!!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same! I saw it and absolutely freaked out :')

      Delete
  2. Sure thing! Have a great day too :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! Would you like to do a guest post on my blog? https://www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com
    If so, comment on my blog, and we can sort something out lovelyyy xx

    ReplyDelete